New Contributor

Hi to all

1st timer.this is new to me, still experienting with the computor
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
roy
New Contributor

Re: Hi to all

My journey with NETS. as mentioned first found in Nov.2010. I have always work hard and enjoyed life.This was discovered after a great weekend with freinds parting hard.Going to work on the Monday I just buckled up with pain, thinking I was still suffering from the weekend and what I might have eaten or drunk. (home brewed whiskey etc.)Hours later still not been able to straighten up went to the hospital 11pm was given injection to ease the pain. couple hours later I said to the staff I'll be ok I'll go and see doc in the morning. This was done and followed up with Xrays etc. I then went home only to have the dr. come looking for me and admitted sraight back to hospital put on a drip for a week, then be told I had unknown tumors....This was a shock to the system I fell into a depressed state for some time..(mind you I have not had a drink since that day,)I was put in contact with the Peter Mac Clinic. of which myself and family cannot speak more highly of. as soon as they discovered what the primary was, an operation was arranged. I was told I could be in ICU up to a fortnight, and in hospital aa further 3-4 wks recovering..But with the sweat whispers from my wife,support from Peter Mac, family and friends, I rallied round and within 7 days of the operation was discharged from hospital.My wife encouraged me to walked the streets morning and night to build up strength to carry on the fight.I am being as positive as I can and trying to disregard the side effects. I picked up a casual job as a bus driver, and really enjoying the work, I find this takes my mind off any problems I think I might have. I am currently only on a Lanreotide injection once a month, since the opperation.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.