Hi

Eliza
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Hi, I've read the posts in the Community but this is the first time I've attempted to join in. My name is Eliza, and I have Ovarian cancer, diagnosed early last year while on holiday in Tasmania. Major surgery and 8 Chemo. treatments later ( in Vic) my Ca125 marker had gone down to 16. We came back to W.A., had a check-up and found the markers had started to go up again so I'm now back having chemo. It surely is a nasty cancer, and has spread, but I'm determined that I will beat it. I have asked the oncologists I have seen for any advice on what I can do to help myself, but drew a big blank. So, back to the computer, and the Cancer Council. Thank goodness for all the info - and help that is available. Cheers, Eliza
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
casper
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi Eliza Like you, I have ovarian cancer. My last CA125 was 7, so my fingers are crossed that it stays that way. I have had two debaulking surgeries (first in Aug 2012 and second in Apr 2013) and 18 weeks of chemo, and have just now started going back to work. Keep strong and positive, and if you need a (cyber) shoulder, let me know. Casper
0 Kudos
Eliza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Casper, thank-you for your reply, I am so happy for you that your marker has dropped so much. What is a debaulking surgury? I have not heard of this. What stage was the cancer you have - I really dislike the term 'your cancer' - I did not ask for mine, and do not want to keep it! I was diagnosed with stage 4. Have you used any natural therapies ? My Oncologist, when I asked what I could do to help myself get well again could-or would, only suggest Vit. D. So I'm now taking 5,ooo units a day of liquid D. Seems it is a good cancer fighter, and with all the other things I'm doing to self help, I feel so good I forget that really I'm ill. Long may it stay that way! Cheers, Eliza
0 Kudos
casper
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eliza Debulking surgery was were they removed everything, my uterus, ovaries, tubes.....they had to go in a second time,as there was a suspect nodule that chemo didn't get rid of, which also turned out to be cancerous. My diagnosis was Stage 1, Grade 3 Epithelial serous papilliary ovarian cancer, but my doctors are confident they have it all. That doesn't stop me from being anxious though but won't say I am cancer free. I haven't used any natural therapies, and regularly take Vit D. I am taking a natural hormone replacement, Remifemin, now that I am going through surgical menopause, which is not fun. I try to eat healthy, trying also to exercise (walking) but I am finding I am still really tired. Thanks to chemo, I put on weight, so when I lose the extra kilos I am hoping to feel a bit more energised. Keep strong Casper
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.