Injections while travelling

glenys48woods
Contributor

Re: Injections while travelling

Hi Allicat, So you are organised with the injections as this is good. When do you see your sister in the US. Hope you have a great time with her. Glenys. 0
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

My eldest sister and I are going to Chicago to stay with our sister who lives there for a week in mid-September. Then the 3 of us are doing a tour up and down the east coast of America & Canada for a month. I am nervous but also excited! I am relieved that the injection is organised and that makes it start to seem real. The second anniversary of my diagnosis will be while we are on the tour. Last year the anniversary freaked me out a little bit but hopefully that will get less each year and also I will be busy having fun so will have other things to think about.
0 Kudos
glenys48woods
Contributor

Hi Allicat, I did see my friend and he said to me that when you go over to the US you have to have $20 - $30 for traveling and your passport to show the medical team over there. This is what he said to me. Have a great time with your sister. Glenys 0
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

You will find your 2nd anniversary so much easier than your 1st ,I would think . I did . Travelling with your sisters sounds like a lot of fun . Have a wonderful time .
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Thanks Silly
0 Kudos
glenys48woods
Contributor

Hi Allicat, How long will you stay in the US with your sister? Glenys 0
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

I'm back from my trip! Successfully got my injection although not without drama. The day before the appointment I tried to ring to confirm but I only got an answering service who told me they were closed on Wednesdays. So, the next day I went along at the appropriate time and the receptionist was not expecting me and had no knowledge of my appointment. I showed her the email arranging the appointment and she went to investigate. It seems that the person I talked to (who works in a different branch) had not actually told anybody at the relevant branch that I was coming. Anyway, I waited for about an hour and a half and then they took my pulse, blood pressure and temperature, got me to sign a waiver, and then gave me the injection. Everybody was very kind and nice to me and so in spite of the scheduling problem it was a good experience. It was interesting seeing in their chemo room and then in the little room where we went for the injection there was a weird extendible bed that had a dispenser for a disposal sheet for me to lie on. The doctor signed the form that she had given me the injection, so I have to take that along to give to my regular nurse when I have my next injection this Thursday.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.