New member looking for inspiration

Inspire4life
New Contributor

New member looking for inspiration

Hello to you all, wishing you and your loved ones travelling your cancer journey all the very best. I look forward to sharing with you all some information and stories of our journey's so far. I have lung cancer for almost 5 years. I feel like a time bomb just waiting to go off! I have had 2 op's the first upper left lobectomy all clear, second right lung resection margins not clear, also another 4 nodules in right lung that are behaving at this point in time. Feel I am doing well considering.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Inspire4life
New Contributor

Re: New member looking for inspiration

I have had an upper left lobectomy in 2012, Adenocarcinoma "likely primary" 14mm. Also in right lung 4 inflammatory appearing nodules, these where dismissed as scarring. After my surgery my cardiothoracic surgeon stated that I was all good and should have no more problems, In 2013 I had right lung resection for recurrent NSCLC second right lower lobe with multiple lessions through my right lung. The result from this operation is sorry the "margins aren't clear. Referred to Hospital Oncology department for further advise. Well basically that is the end of it, I go every 3 months, blood tests, scans, but NO no treatment for me. Apparently my type of cancer does not respond to Chemo or Radiation, although my cancer is growing again. They don't know if these lesions are "secondary" which according to research would respond to chemo. Any advise?
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Have you considered getting a second opinion?
0 Kudos
Inspire4life
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I have been seeing a team of onc's and they are all of the same mind set. My case has also been discussed a number of times at their monthly meetings which my surgeon attends.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.