Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor

Bridget_robinso
Not applicable

Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor

Hello everyone, I have just joined Cancer Connect so hope I manage to post this OK. Just like to introduce myself, my name is Bridget and I am 54 years old. In April 2012 I was unexpectedly diagnosed with a pancreatic NET tumor. I say unexpectedly because I had been feeling well up until then. It's been a roller coaster of a year since then, spent 10 weeks in Peter Mac hospital and have had four rounds of nuclear peptide treatment. I had never heard of NET tumors before this and still feel I don't know much as they are a rare form of cancer and not much research has been done into them. What has kept me going this year has been the support of family and friends, i have a wonderful husband and three beautiful young adult children. Would love to hear from anyone out there who has a NET tumor. Cheers and Happy Christmas, Bridget
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
michele1960
Occasional Contributor

Re: Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor

Hi there Bridget :-)...Yes I am in the same boat as you with very similar background. I also find it difficult to find much info on PNETs. Initially (May 2012) the 1st oncologist diagnosed me with the 'standard' Pancreatic cancer and gave me a prognosis of about 6 months, so as crazy as it sounds I was 'pleased' to find that I had PNET as the prognosis is a little better. Mine had metastised to my liver with quite a few very lkarge tumours there, which I had resected on the 10th Dec 2012. I'm now scheduled for a Whipple in March. I'm in southern NSW...so use Canberra as my base for treatments. Where are you located? Wishing you the best of luck with your treatments. x
0 Kudos
carmensardelic
Not applicable

Re: Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor

Hi there, This is my first comment to anyone so bare with me if I sound silly 🙂 my aunty was diagnosed on Tuesday the 15th October (only afew days ago) with tumors in her liver and spots of cancer in the bile duct and pancreas. What is pnet tumors? She has been told it's aggressive and the time frame she was given was 6-9 months. I have heard a lot of stories of ppl being told this and are still alive and kicking years later. My aunty is like a mum to me and I will not give up on her. I guess I'm looking for positive stories and more knowledge. Let me no how u are going and what treatment options u have explored. Thank u so much for tour time. Carmen
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.