Post thyroidectomy

Indiastella
Occasional Contributor

Post thyroidectomy

Hi everyone. My name is India and about a month ago I had a full thyroidectomy. My recovery has been good and I'm finding the thyroxine to be working well (have been changed from 150mg to 100mg) but my doctor has now referred me to the royal Brisbane hospital to have radioactive iodine treatment. I was wondering if anyone has or is in a similar situation as I am. I'm only 18 years of age and am finding this quite daunting. Would really love to know what it will be like, everyone's journey and any general comments. Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PrayingToBeAnsw
New Contributor

Re: Post thyroidectomy

Hi India sorry to hear your going through such a rough time. Im going through a different problem with my thyroid but am in a whole bunch of great thyroid groups on fb that would probably have more answers and support if you wanted me to add you to the groups id love to help. Hope your able to find what you need soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.
0 Kudos
PrayingToBeAnsw
New Contributor

Re: Post thyroidectomy

Hi India sorry to hear your going through such a rough time. Im going through a different problem with my thyroid but am in a whole bunch of great thyroid groups on fb that would probably have more answers and support if you wanted me to add you to the groups id love to help. Hope your able to find what you need soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.