What tastes good now

Tassiedevil
Contributor

Re: What tastes good now

I am out the other side of my tongue surgeries at the moment Budgie, touch wood, but you just never can tell with ACC. As I have said before with this disease it has a mind of its own and it does not play by the rules of any other known cancers. As far as I can research it has no known causes, unlike some of the more'' common types'', that is to say, better-funded for research where causes have been proven ie smoking or alcohol.  I have no wish to put anyone or their own diagnosis down in any way shape or form as we all have our own peculiarities in our conditions end result. The jury is still out on a few of the rarer types of cancers, but by and large, the results are in it is mainly lifestyle choices for the rest. And I will add this also takes into account environmental factors that you knowingly or unbeknown to you are exposed to in your working life. Craig 

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Absolutely agree.
Have a great weekend Craig. I hope you get to enjoy some quality time with family.
Budgie
0 Kudos
Tassiedevil
Contributor

Thank you Budgie, I did have a great weekend and I spent time with my beautiful wife. I don't know if you have heard of Queenstown, it is a small mining town on the West Coast of Tasmania, remote and stunningly beautiful, it is a 2-3 hour drive through national parks and reserves from the North West Coast where I live. Most envigorating Craig
Budgie
Super Contributor

Wonderful 😀. I've been thru Queenstown. Only passed thru on our way to Hobart to see my SIL & her partner. That was 4.5 years ago. Tassie certainly is a beautiful island - a great wilderness.
0 Kudos
Tassiedevil
Contributor

How did you like the 99 bends on the way out? Coming in that way is a real eye-opener. Now they have trees as well. Craig
0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

It wasn't too bad except for the drivers coming towards us, scaring me half to death, driving on our side of the road, on blind corners! CRAZY! ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! But the drive is beautiful.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.