You are not alone - meet other young adults on the cancer journey in Sydney

Not applicable

Re: You are not alone - meet other young adults on the ...

Hi Astrobella, Thank you, I would love to welcome you to a meeting :-) I'm aiming to hold the first meeting towards the end of August and I would really appreciate help organising. Particularly, in getting the word out and around Sydney or in whatever way suits you best. I'll send you a message with my email and mobile. Cheers, u_can
0 Kudos
kasey
New Contributor

Hey, Great idea, would love to come along. Was diagnosed 3 years ago, aged 29. Still pulling my life together, reprioritising, so would love to meet like-minded ppl. Cheers, k
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello beautiful people, I'm very happy to say that the first meeting will be held on Monday the 5th of September from 6.30pm at 40 Rocklands rd North Sydney (the Poche Centre). Check out www.facebook.com/YA.CAN.live for more info. After that it will be held at the same time every fortnight. My intent is to create a safe space where you can talk about what ever is important to you and allow you to connect with others who have been or are going through a similar circumstance. Then in the last half hour there will be time for a discussion, presentation or mediation - depending on what people want. The group is open to All young adults who have been affected by cancer. For me the type isn't important, as we all go through the same mental/emotional journey. Also, I see "young adults" as people in their 20's and 30's, but that's a guide and you'd just have to be comfortable hanging out with people in that age group. Finally, I've called the group YA CAN. :-) If you have any questions please shoot me a message. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you at one of our groups. Peace.
0 Kudos
Astrobella
New Contributor

This is fantastic news! I can't wait til the 1st meeting. Thank you so much for organising it. Cheers, Yvette
0 Kudos
Skye
New Contributor

I think its a great idea to set up groups. Do you have any located in inner west? Marrickville?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.