Cervical Cancer

Robyn2
New Contributor

Cervical Cancer

Hi I'm a newbie here, I was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer in August and have had chemo and radiation therapies and now play the waiting game until the next MRI post treatment, between Christmas and New Year.  I have good days and bad days coping with my thoughts and recovery.  I'd like to hear from others in the same/similar situation just to know what is happening etc is 'normal' .  My hubby is fairly supportive but doesn't want to talk about what if it comes back etc.

1 REPLY 1
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cervical Cancer

Robyn 

Glad to hear you are done with treatments. 

I completely understand why your husband doesn't want to talk about the possibility of it coming back or not gone. 

I'm so thankful that my wife isn't the one with cancer. I'm a firm believer that it's harder on our family than us.

I have lymphoma. If it does come back after I'm done with my treatments it doesn't respond well to a second round of treatment. My wife and I has chosen not to worry about what IF. We will take it one day at a time. We are planning for what IF.  But we are enjoying what IS. Cancer doesn't have to steal our joy.

Stay positive and keep us updated please. 

Wegotthis 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.