Connection

malo1
Occasional Contributor

Connection

Yeah well I just want too say that i'm new but it feels like a very cold and distant forum I know there is a lot of different cancers but I feel that the fact that we all have experience this and everything that's associated with it should make us all brothers and sisters against cancer but I've seen topics with 5000 views and only hundred replies I don't know but I feel like an outsider here and that's cool I am 5yrs post treatment but I wonder how welcoming newbies feel hope they get a better reception that's all much love and peace too all!!!!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
melbourneboybor
Contributor

Re: Connection

Hey there, I know what you're saying - but in fairness to the people on this board, we're all here finding our little piece of the world with the devestating news being diagnosed or caring for someone who is battling cancer. I know sometimes you want to reach and talk to people - and you're right, some threads tend to be months old. But bare with people - we're all here to help each other out the best we can. Great news hearing your 5 years post treatment. That itself is wonderful!
0 Kudos
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Hello thanks for the reply and yes your right and sometimes I can just shoot from the hip and I know that its hard even in places like this where there is a lot of different types of cancer and I was feeling overwhelmed myself just reading some posts and I just reacted and places like this are a godsend irrelevant of what it can feel or look like it is what it is a place for people that are facing their own mortality and everyone's reaction will be their own so much love and peace too all!!!!
0 Kudos
melbourneboybor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Great to hear from you! How has your journey been going from you. It sounds like you've overcome a lot of things in your life? If you have a moment, it would be great to share and hear some of your stories... if nothing else to perhaps help others find some motivation? Regards John
0 Kudos
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Yeah John that was my idea too do just what you said but I didn't realise how hard it would be in the last 5yrs I have been in only one relay for life and just this one affected me in ways I didn't think it would and the survivor and carer march is the first one and I tell you that was an experience and a half me and my partner walking around the oval while people are cheering and clapping for us in relation too something at the time felt very personal was indescribable and just too put this in perspective I am an indigenous man who's life before cancer was a very closed and personal one and now after cancer it has made me so more open and accessible too myself and then too others its still a work in progress but i'm getting there and I firmly believe in preventative ways so people can get the info before they get a diagnosis and thanks for responding I appreciate it much love and peace too you and family!!!!
0 Kudos
n2141116
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Sorry your feeling this way. You sound like you have been through a incredibly hard journey. So wonderful that your doing so well now. I'm only new to this site, I don't have cancer but have been caring for my dad until he passed away in September - he had thyroid and esophageal cancer. Take care.
0 Kudos
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Hello thanks for the reply and very sorry to hear about your dad but I am sure he would want you to live a long and happy life because that's what I would've said to my 4 children and just know that there are a lot of people on here that will listen and support you on your journey much love and peace to you.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.