Depressed

malo1
Occasional Contributor

Depressed

I don't know if it is just me but I have to say that this is one of the most depressing sites I have seen the responses to people that need help or advice is lack lustre to say the least I mean come on people where is the Aussie spirit when it gets tough the tough get going it seems that we crumble or we retreat into ourselves come on I know that by putting this up hopefully I will get responses even if it is negative and just before I go I am not just saying this as someone who hasn't been through it and if we don't have each other then who do we have we are all in this club whether we like it or not so how about we make the best of it by leaning on each other talking to each other even just to say hello!!!!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Depressed

Thanks for your reply and yeah I know we all handle it differently but some have 100 views which could be a hundred hellos that would make all the change in the world as opposed to just seeing 100 views and no reply it takes next to nothing to type hello to make someone feel better that's all I am saying.
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

I suppose everyone approaches this thing in their own way, OMG it's hard enough for me to even admit that I have cancer let alone share it with the world. Everyone is dealing with this the best they can. Some handle it better than others from what I've seen, let us all find a way to get better, to be rid of it and to move on. But you can lean on me a little if you want, I think I'm going to be around for a while....
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Hope today was a better day for you?
0 Kudos
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Everyday is amazing for me because I made peace with myself when I was going through treatment live or die I was at peace with what ever happened because there was nothing I could do anyway so why stress and that's with a partner and kids and 1 grandson so now 5yrs on and I am grateful and so happy for everyday and also right in the present that for me cancer was a blessing as strange as that sounds so yeah peace to you.
0 Kudos
Kathyhtak
Contributor

Hi malo1, Sadly I have at times felt the same way about this site - I think this is a great outlet for carers of cancer patients, it appears they get some comfort and a good amount of support here - as they rightly deserve, I know their lot is far from easy (I could not do it without mine). But as a cancer patient I personally get more knowledge and value from 'Daily Strength' and 'Cancer Compass' - two US cancer sites - the responses and general 'feel' of sites is very positive and uplifting and the speed at which other commenters reply to questions is great. Possibly the type of cancer I have is better represented there. 5years on - good for you! I agree that amongst the despair that a cancer diagnosis brings there are blessings also.
0 Kudos
malo1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply and yeah I know because I have been a member of the oral cancer foundation for years and yeah the response on their site is very different from this one which is why I have reacted the way I have but still like I said why can't we just say hello to make someone feel good on their dark journey through cancer that's all I am saying.
0 Kudos
evaboo
Contributor

Hello! :0) Hope you're all having a beautiful Sunday
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.