FORGOTTEN CANCERS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS

kj
Super Contributor

FORGOTTEN CANCERS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS

I participated in the forgotten cancers project I filled in the forms and donated DNA I have a friend in WA who volunteered and heard nothing else from them, has that happened to anyone else or can someone explain why my friend heard nothing from them thanks kj
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
kasianne
Contributor

Re: FORGOTTEN CANCERS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS

It happened to me the first time I tried to register with them and I am now registered but struggling to do the surveys as I cant get past eh second one although I also have the saliva kit just need to get round to doing it and sending it back do not feel it will be a lot of good without my history.
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

kasianne Thank you for your reply it took me ages to fill the form in as well kj
0 Kudos
CJF
Contributor

I am participating in the project too. I received and returned the saliva kit a few months ago. I haven't heard anything back but assumed that 1. my saliva was not usable ( I have very thick and sparse saliva) and 2. I had had a re-ocurrance of cancer so thought maybe my sample was no longer usable. I did communicate my cancer status and received acknowledgement so maybe the test just take along time.
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

CJF Thanks for reply I was hoping to hear from someone associated with the testing.does not look I will recieve a reply,thanks anyway kj
0 Kudos
Kate_Unicorn
Contributor

Thanks so much for bringing this up (here and in other threads) as it allows us to feedback to the Forgotten Cancers team, which we’ve done and they’re very keen to sort this out. We’ll be in touch via private message with each of the people who have raised concerns on this site so we can follow up further – but anyone else with concerns please let us know. Warm Regards, Kate Cancer Connections Admin Team
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

I received a very nice phone call from Kate of cancervic this afternoon concerning my queries about the cancer kits in the Forgotten cancers study.Kate was very informative to me. I am sure if you have any queries they will be dealt with appropiately,thanks for the call Kate I appreciated it nice to talk to you. kj
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.