Family

stuart
Visitor

Family

Hi all, new to this but was wondering if any one can give me advice, my wife beat triple negative breast cancer last year and from the off I was there a rock for her and the family, 4 weeks ago she found lumps in her neck and looks like we are back to square one but this time I'm struggling to cope and letting her down I think, trying to pretend it isn't happening I suppose....any one else in my boat?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
medical-02
New Contributor

Re: Family

Hello, patients with breast cancer have undergone surgical treatment, but there are lumps on the lymph nodes in the neck. This situation should arouse great attention. Whether it is lymph node metastasis, the best differential diagnosis is recommended.

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Family

Hi Stuart, so sorry that your wife’s cancer has come back. I can imagine how devastating this is for you. All I can suggest is just to be real about your feelings with your wife. You can always talk to someone at the Cancer Council. They are so helpful for those with cancer and their carers. I was the one with cancer and my husband was my rock through the journey. You’ll be that rock again but you’re allowed to feel upset. Maybe just comfort each other and tell her how you are feeling. Just my thoughts on your situation. Take care🙏💜

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.