Feeling Alone while my partner is fighting for his life

Sarah98
New Contributor

Feeling Alone while my partner is fighting for his life

My partner and I have been together for over 7 years and I've been with them before they were diagnosed with ALL. (Acute lymphoblastic leukemia) I'm posting this to see if anyone else here may be in a similar circumstance to me and have any advice on how to deal with the situation. I currently can't talk to them while they're in the hospital. (too private to give detail) It's eating away at me but I think I'm also not as bad as when they were first diagnosed. (Sort of suppressing feelings atm) So anyone else who may have a loved one going through ALL and know how to sort of deal with it better? I just feel really alone and it feels like no one really can sympathise with me since they're also dealing with it too. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sarah98
New Contributor

Re: Feeling Alone while my partner is fighting for his life

Posted in the wrong thread:I I don't know how to delete it
0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear about your partner.

I haven't had to deal with this, but I just wanted to post and let you know that I'm thinking of you.

There are a lot of people here who have cancer, have had cancer or are caring for someone with cancer.

How is your partner now?

Can you tell us a bit more about his/your situation (obviously only disclose as much information as you feel comfortable doing).

Many of us will have been through cancer or caring for someone with cancer, so hopefully we can help you process and understand some of what is going on.

-s

Sarah98
New Contributor

Hi! Thanks for responding to my post.
I doubt anyone I know would stumble along my post and I feel like if they did they'd know from my bio but- We were together for about 2 or so years when he was diagnosed with ALL. We've been going strong throughout and it's been a little over 7 years now. Currently I can't speak to him because I can't physically due to the condition he's in. I can't really go too much into detail since this is still sort of new even though his jounery has been for 5 years on and off. As of right now it's on but he's fighting something that after a lot of treatment has put him here. I'd just like some advice on how I can cope better in this situation without dragging others down into it. I don't know if that makes any sense.
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.