I think i have cancer! Im scared!

migy099
New Contributor

I think i have cancer! Im scared!

Hi im an 18 yearold male, i decided to stop smoking for about 2 months now. This march 2020 i felt something scratchy in my throat but i ignored it because maybe its just a lilttle side effect from smoking. After a week i started experiencing difficulty in breathing, i feel like my chest is tight when im breathing (wheezing appeared after a day). I was panicking thinking maybe its pneumonia and thinking i will die, im stuck in the middle of lockdown here in my country also, my family is not that rich to buy the medicines i need. Fast forward, after a week i felt something is blocking my throat, something like a tablet or a food. I kept drinking water and kept swallowing just to clear my throat, i started searching about my symptoms. I read that maybe its a throat cancer or just a globus sensation but still im panicking and cannot sleep properly. After a week, i started feeling weak and then disappear, something like a fatigue. I started drinking lemonade, eating more vegies and having a better hygiene than before just to boost my immune system. 

Its been a week now and im still panicking, i started checking my throat and there is a red circles in the back of my throat and i think my left tonsil is getting bigger than the right one. I also feel a lump in my neck, above the colar bone and in the left side of my neck. Its not that big, but when im turning my head i can see the lump. I never experience pain when swallowing. But i can still feel the blockage in my throat and a little beat of fatigue. I also starting to feel a little ache in my ears (not that painful). Also a little headache.

I joined here to ease my fear of dying, its been 2 or almost 3 weeks now. Im so scared that maybe i will die or i will really die. Im scared that maybe i cant go to school because of this, i dont want to die because i still want to become a doctor. I dont want to ruin my studying because i want to finish college and help my family. Please help me im so scared, i dont know what to do. Everyday i think of dying, im scared that one day i will not see my family anymore. Maybe someone here has the same symptoms i have, i think my friends are not believing since they dont feel what i feel every single day. 

All i do for now is to sit next to my mom and just feel her everyday. Im hoping that maybe someone can help me, my other problem is where will my family get the money for my medicine. I dont do the things i usually do, like making music and using social medias. Im so scared, i will never smoke again. 

Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: I think i have cancer! Im scared!

Hi @migy099 and welcome 💚

Just checking in and seeing how you are!

Have you been able to talk to your Mum or another family member about your concerns? If you're able, I'd highly recommend having a chat to your family doctor and getting to the bottom of it.

-Kate

migy099
New Contributor

Hey its me, sadly no. I havent told them about my throat and tonsils, i can still feel the sensation like theres something stuck in my throat. Also my tonsils are a little bit swollen than the last time, and much redder than before. I also feel something like a sore throat when i swallow. 

I decided to not stress my self and just focus on things that i enjoy and i feel like im good again but this past few weeks i felt it again. Also has a cobble stone throat, like red bumps in the back of my throat. I dont want to overthink about dying again, this is the worst moment of my life kate. I just want to talk with someone who can understand me, my friends thinks im just over acting about small stuff. 

I hate this, i hate smoking now. I hate everything happening to me. I hope i can go back to my old self. I hate this.

0 Kudos
TonySkala
Occasional Contributor

GO TO A DOCTOR, YOU CAN NOT WISH OR PRAY IT AWAY

bluedolphin109
New Contributor

Hi there

you need to have checked by the doctor  right away don’t wait if it’s too late. Just try to be positive I know it’s hard but you need to do something about it. Please.

0 Kudos
Arty72
New Contributor

HI, please go to the doctor, I had the same symptoms and I was diagnosed with cancer of the tonsil. In the past 4 weeks have had my tonsil and lymph node removed and will be in hospital next week having the tonsil bed removed. You really do not want to leave it, mine was an aggressive cancer and would be spreading to other areas had I not been treated. Hopefully you will get a better result and it could be something not as sinister, but please just see a doctor.
0 Kudos
Arty72
New Contributor

HI, please go to the doctor, I had the same symptoms and I was diagnosed with cancer of the tonsil. In the past 4 weeks have had my tonsil and lymph node removed and will be in hospital next week having the tonsil bed removed. You really do not want to leave it, mine was an aggressive cancer and would be spreading to other areas had I not been treated. Hopefully you will get a better result and it could be something not as sinister, but please just see a doctor.

0 Kudos
cemo-queen
Occasional Contributor

Migy!   I am new to this site. Your post was from May. Please tell me you have been to a Dr. since!!! Quite growing your emotional cancer and find out for sure what the deal is, hopefully it's nothing. I know your worried about the cost but waiting may cost you your LIFE. So please tell me you went! I am here and are so many other's on this site as I have learned if you need to talk.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           cemo-queen

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.