Nervously waiting for liver biopsy results

Janet1
New Contributor

Re: Nervously waiting for liver biopsy results

Yes Greg cancer recurrence is common. Ongoing scans & tests for early detection provide treatment options. It’s a cancer journey rather than a destination. Like you I find it difficult to deal with. 

Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Hi Greg57

The cancer diagnosis and all the tests, scans, results, treatment process can be so overwhelming, it makes sense that you would be struggling emotionally and physically right now. I'm really hoping it's all treatable for you and you can get through the treatment easefully.

If you're finding that you need some more support, please call our 13 11 20 line and we can link you in to either a counsellor, or some peer support with others with an experience of cancer.

Reach out if you need us. I'm thinking of you.

Ashley

CCNSW

greg57
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks, Greg

0 Kudos
greg57
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashley, i would really like to speak with a councilor, im not just going through this cancer issue, but i last worked on 3/8 and made the grand sum of $480. Ive had no income since. Currently trying to claim centrelink but theres a thousand hoops to jump through and im feeling like im completely overwhelmed, its not an easy process. Ive basically sold everything i hold dear. Surfboard gone, gerni gone, mums jewellery gone, only thing left to sell is my soul. I have a beautiful partner of 15 years who has been supporting me financially and emotionally, and im feeling so much guilt that ive been such a burden. I used to be so active but i dont think i will ever get that back. I will be making the call, ive never been so confused and stressed.

0 Kudos
greg57
Occasional Contributor

I really hope youre doing well Janet, its a lonely place even with support. I send you love and hope its working out for you. Best wishes xx, Greg

0 Kudos
Maddi_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Hi Greg57

It's not unusual for people who have received a cancer diagnosis to feel confused and stressed, it is a confusing stressful situation, If you haven't already called Cancer Council's 13 11 20 telephone number, please call them.  The line is manned by allied health professionals, they may be able help you with emotional, and some financial support.  I hope you get the support you need. The line is open Monday to Friday 9-5 and is for people in Australia.

Maddi

0 Kudos
greg57
Occasional Contributor

Hi Maddi, thanks for the advice, i intend giving them a call tomorrow (Monday). I have a six week break now and my treatment starts on 4 November. Its a treatment called SIRT, im sure you know what that is. I ve also been given access to a social worker who i see on Tuesday, weve already discussed the Centrelink isue and she will be helping me with my claim, uploading documents etc, so that is a huge relief. As soon as i can submit my claim the sooner i might be getting some financial relief. However, im not sure how long the process takes, hopefully only a few weeks. Thankyou again Maddi, your help is much appreciated. Greg

0 Kudos
Cindi54
Occasional Contributor

Hi @greg57 ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your liver cancer, I don't have that I have bladder cancer.

But I hear the SIRT is very successful which is so good.

Amazing what they can do for cancer these days, "it's not a death sentence" anymore, try to say that to yourself, have trust in your doctors. Try to think that it "could" be worse.

That's what I do anyway. I hope you get a wonderful result.

Thinking of you and sending you a big hug

Cindi x

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.