New to group

Les

New to group

Hi, I’m Leslie. I was diagnosed with essential thrombocythemia last year and have been struggling with fatigue and other challenges. I’ve had both good and bad days, and I’m hoping to connect with others to learn how they cope. Thanks for having me in the group!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: New to group

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. It can be such an overwhelming time with a new cancer diagnosis, and the side effects can really hit people in a variety of ways. I hope you get some responses to your query, and find other information on other threads.

We also have the Cancer Connect service here at Cancer Council NSW. It's a peer support program where we link you in with a volunteer who has had their own experience with cancer and treatment. That may be another alternative for you to ask questions about side effects if that would be useful for you.

If you'd like to follow that up, please give us a call on 13 11 20 and we can sort that referral out for you.

All the best

Ashley

CCNSW

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.