Now an Australian citizen!

Hev
Occasional Contributor

Now an Australian citizen!

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a proud moment with you, last wednesday I became an Australian citizen, after eight years here (from the UK). The ceremony was at a beautiful heritage homestead and gardens in Mont de Lancy.I got quite emotional...in a happy way:)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Now an Australian citizen!

welcome to the club...of migrants who call Australia home...there are so many places we have come from...and there is so much to learn from those who were here first...
0 Kudos
Vicki_Anne
Occasional Contributor

Congratulations Hev, Welcome aboard our great country. A very proud moment for you and your family. Cheers Vicki
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Congrats Hev, You may have to think twice if you are thinking of changing allegiances and backing the Aussies in the cricket at the moment.:D Dave
0 Kudos
Hev
Occasional Contributor

Hey thanks everyone! only just realized there were replies as I didn't tick the 'notify me' box duh!! Dave-I think with 'dual citizenship' I can choose to back the winning team in all sports lol :) Two questions:how do you guys do emoticons? and why have some people got messages written under the profile pic?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.