Organic Produce

AmandaC
Contributor

Organic Produce

Thought I would start up a discussion about organic produce, does anyone now eat only organic? does anyone have their won organic garden? what are your thoughts on the subject I'd love to hear everyone views. I would love to eat all organic but money is an issue for me, I buy it where I can and I do have my own organic vegie patch out the back which my son loves helping me with. We have a worm farm and compost to help build up and nourish our garden. Its rewarding in so many ways :) Can't wait to hear your stories and views
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kasey
New Contributor

Re: Organic Produce

I try to eat mostly organic at home but am more flexible when out. I also now use more natural cleaning products, personal care, make up, etc It's expensive, but I figure it's worth it
0 Kudos
Braveb
Occasional Contributor

Hey, I was running my own start-up when I got diagnosed and had no insurance of any kind so cash is an issue for me. I try to eat organic where possible but usually only buy organics when those fruits or vegetables are known to be loaded with bad chemicals. An updated US list was recently released showing what they call The Dirty Dozen and The Clean Fifteen - this is similar to the system I use when choosing where to put my money. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/health/the-dirty-dozen-and-clean-15-of-produce/616/ Does anyone know of rankings of Australian grown produce?
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

We don't really know what we are eating when we buy fruit and veges but at least we are eating them which is better than not eating them. When you eat meals prepared outside your home you really can't be sure if they are as healthy as they look either.We can only try to do what is best.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.