Relay for Life

mihalo
Contributor

Relay for Life

I am soooo chuffed. I have just had a phone call today and asked to be the guest speaker at this years RFL opening ceremony here in Bendigo. I feel so honoured to have been asked....I just don't know what to say!  Any bright ideas for me....what would you want to hear??? Just wanted to share my exciting news with you guys  and maybe get a little feedback. Thanks heaps. Michele xx
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Merkel
Contributor

Relay for Life

Hi Michele, Congratulations on your invitation. Your story is well worth sharing with others. Everyone will want to hear all about your journey.    Merkel  
0 Kudos
Molly
Occasional Contributor

Relay for Life

Hi Michele, CONGRATULATIONS - it is a great honour. I have only been in one relay for life, but found it to be very rewarding to see and talk to others who are feeling the same as I am. You will be an inspirational to many,  be yourself and enjoy the day. congratulations again. take care Molly  
0 Kudos
linda64
Occasional Contributor

Relay for Life

Congratulations,  that is wonderful.  No matter what you say it will be fine.  It is  interesting to hear other peoples journeys and to hear that you're not the only one that's going thru/has been thru it. We will be going in our 2nd relay for life in Cessnock on 28/29 March 2009.  There was such a wonderful atmosphere last year and I'm really looking forward to it.  Good luck with it & please let us know how you go. take care Linda.
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Relay for Life

Congratulations Michele, What an honour!!!! I am sure that you will make yourself, your family and all of Bendigo really proud. Best wishes, Bev    
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Relay for Life

Hi guys, anyone entering the relay for life, Illawarra section? would love to make contact if youre interested.
0 Kudos
Traveller_In_Wa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Relay for Life

Congrats Michele! How exciting. I was at the Relay For Life this year in Perth. Hearing survivors speak about their experiences, good or bad, was great for me. It was so inspiring to hear all these people who've fought, and won, battling cancer. It made me realise that an end , even if it cant be seen right now, is in sight. Also I think talking about your journey really spreads awareness to other people who aren't really associated themselves, or with others who are affected by cancer. Congrats again, let us know how it goes 🙂
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Re: Relay for Life

Hello Michelle, How was the Relay for Life?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.