Resent your cancer?

sch
Super Contributor

Re: Resent your cancer?

Hi Minkyuu,

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost something that means so much to you.

Especially when it is something that has helped you get through really tough times.

But after all of this is over, when you feel as if everything has been torn away from you and that you have nothing left, you might be able to find something small that gives you pleasure again.

Don't give up hope just yet.

-s

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi Minkyuu,

Well, what do I say? Here you are, your 24 years old with a passion ripped off you, due to illness. Just terrible.iI know this sounds like cold comfort, but luckily you have age on your side.

At 24, if I can remember back then, now was forever. Your gift for singing was, as you say, your only talent.At 24 that’s how it seems. At the moment everything worthwhile is gone. That’s now Minkyuu, things will change a little further down the track. You wait & see. Concentrate on getting your health back on track and achieving that will switch the lights back on. 

Get the cancer issues sorted and you will see things in another way,  a brand new Minkyuu. Doors will open. If your love is music, why not take up a instrument. Let’s face it, your vocal cords and your mouth that allows you to sing is a instrument. Why not a guitar, or a saxophone.

The thing is, getting involved in another passion is the easy part . The challenge is getting you physically & mentally prepared for that new passion.

Please take time to get well, take the advice of your medical support team & your family. They all want you to be better, fit and strong, ready for your next challenge.

Take care Minkyuu, Please keep us posted on this site with your progress. I for one will keep a eye out for you.

Lindsay

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

I think at first I hated my Cancer,and the terminal diagnosis that came with it,I was told early in my days by my wife’s Doctor,that everyone is going to die ,some sooner ,some later, I just happened to be in the sooner category,that didn’t happen but there was a couple of false alarms and close calls along the way,unfortunately the Doc passed away before me he is a definite loss to the medical profession.I stopped thinking about death and got along with living,

I used to backpack the high country on my own in the mountains,free as an eagle,I can’t do that now ,the toll of my Whipple surgery other medical issues ,and natural progression of age stopped that ,but I have not lost my passion of the wild mountains,raging rivers,and the cold weather,we still go away camping when our health allows to these areas,I might have a small wander around smelling the trees,listening to the wildlife taking in nature’s darkness, reenergising ,if my grandchildren are there it makes the experience even better,I think Cancer has made me more compassionate to others suffering and hopefully a better person, others can judge me on that .You have to get positives from every situation I have spent more time with my family seen how extra nurturing my wife is.We were retiring to the mountain country years ago but a neurologist told me to think about it with my spinal condition I have been hospitalised,and told after a big bleed I wouldn’t walk out of hospital,I have a cavernous haemangioma in the middle of my spinal cord that bleeds cutting off signal to my legs, I should be paralysed but Ocassionly the medicos get it wrong,I listened and we didn’t move .

I actually have won the equivalent of tattslotto for health as I am still moving and alive.

Where there is life there is hope.
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

You have an outstanding attitude kJ. I, like you have changed due to cancer. Not mine, but my wife’s. Her stoic, non complaining attitude was an inspiration to me. I someday hope I can live up to being 50% of the person she was.

Maria & I loved the mountains, the country, snow and her childhood town of Batlow, in the Snowy mountains region of NSW. Her parents still live there on the orchard, where she grew up with her two sisters. A dynamic force as children, I wager. I visit her parents quite often, when I’m not having treatment or housebound with COVID. It really lifts my spirit & heart.

Someday kJ, you & your wife will get to sit by the likes of the Tumut river, or at the banks of Blowering dam with those grandchildren & cancer will be a far away memory. That’s what I hope, for you.

Always a pleasure kJ,.....take care...Lindsay

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Lindsay thanks

I read your replies to other people’s post,they are full of wisdom, compassion empathy and hope,I am positive,your wife Maria would be a very proud of you, if she was here.I’m sure your comforting words are much appreciated in times of need for others touched by Cancer.

I have been through Tumut,many years ago on the way to Adaminaby fishing,Tumut looked a lovely place.When  I get to sit on the banks of the river,I shall think of you and your words,we love camping in the remote Wonnangatta Valley, Vic beside the river.and other mountain hideaways.If we seen a handful of people in  two weeks it was a crowd in the early days.

Eventually my wife and my ashes will be spread together in our beloved high country,but not too soon I hope😀

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Lindsay thanks

I read your replies to other people’s post,they are full of wisdom, compassion empathy and hope,I am positive,your wife Maria would be a very proud of you, if she was here.I’m sure your comforting words are much appreciated in times of need for others touched by Cancer.

I have been through Tumut,many years ago on the way to Adaminaby fishing,Tumut looked a lovely place.When  I get to sit on the banks of the river,I shall think of you and your words,we love camping in the remote Wonnangatta Valley, Vic beside the river.and other mountain hideaways.If we seen a handful of people in  two weeks it was a crowd in the early days.

Eventually my wife and my ashes will be spread together in our beloved high country,but not too soon I hope😀 Lindsay you also take care with your illness and the virus. Stay safe.

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Your very generous kJ. I hope it’s a long long time down the track before we set your ashes to rest.

Keep up the good fight kJ, cancer can’t beat us.

Lindsay......

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.