TOO FEW RESPONSES!

Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: TOO FEW RESPONSES!

There are at times some incedibly interesting conversations on this site. 🙂 Conversations that end up going in all different directions. I do hear what you are saying though and think it is nice if someone gets a response, even if it is just to bump the topic so that others will see it and perhaps respond in a different way.
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Thanks again for your replies. @Dave, I guess the best any of us can do with any reply is offer our own experiences and coping mechanisms, without actually saying what is good or bad for the person posting. Maybe next time, I shouldn't come in 'with guns blazing!'. Thanks for your response and yes, it did help. @Jules2, my apologies if I have 'ruffled any feathers'but I was lead to believe that this site was actually bigger than it seems to be. By this I mean more participants. I am sure there are many interesting and varied topics discussed, and I intend to stick around and be a part of these. As I mentioned above to Dave, maybe I should have watched the site for a couple of days, before coming in with 'guns blazing'. Thanks for your reply, it too was very helpful. I hope to catch up with you both more often. Take care. Di
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Dianne My feathers aren't ruffled 🙂 ... I think the more people that join in on discussions the better. I think the fact that all of us are trying to deal with either our own diagnosis or that of a family memeber or friend makes it difficult. I know for me i still get very tired even though my treatment finished a year ago. Sometimes I actually put a comment in and the next day realise that I haven't really worded it terribly well ... mostly due to lack of time or tiredness. Great to have someone on board that is interested in contributing. Julie
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Julie. I know what you mean about the tiredness - it is never ending! It certainly is a difficult time for everybody - the patient; the carer; the family, etc. By the time treatments, docs, tests, etc are done on a regular basis, there really isnt much time for anything else. thanks for taking the time to respond. I spend a lot of time on my pc, I'm not really into TV, and the weather has been so poor here that there isnt much else to do. I live in a VERY small town in rural Vic, so if I cant get outside, for one reason or another, I usually turn to my pc before going insane. I look forward to catching up with you around the discussions. Take it easy. Di
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Di Your welcome ... I hope you are keeping dry where you are. Saw on tv tonight that some parts of Victoria are now experiencing flooding. How are all your goats? Julie
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

This weather is absolutely crazy. I think Mother Nature is fighting back with a vengeance!! We wont be flooded out where we live, but a lot of the roads leading into the area have been closed due to flooding. I think it is just a waiting game over the next few days to see if it gets worse. We have more rain expected, which is not good. My goats are great. They are just the best pets. We have three of them. One is pure white, and the other two are twin Boer goats, with the red head and necks. They are beautiful creatures. They are pets (def not for eating)and are so friendly. I think they think they are dogs. We live in a small rural town and people often stop their cars to pat the goats over the fence. I just love them!
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Di You could be right re mother nature fighting back ... :) I looked after some goats not so long ago and a sheep (sean ... very original). Sean was the last to go and not sure I would ever have goats again, nothing was sacred! Julie
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Julie, our goats are in a paddock next to our house, very well contained, as they were wonderful escape artists when we first got them. Now they are happy just to be able to see what is going on in the yard and watch the dogs and people passing. Everytime we go into the yard, they cry like babies for attention. Thats why so many people stop to pat them, they are just so friendly. But you are right when you say nothing is sacred. I accidently left their gate open the other day and the three of them made a bee-line for my garden! not impressed, but hey, it WAS my fault. Di
0 Kudos
Sqweege
Contributor

Hi Di!! I agree it's pretty quiet here and I've SOOOO appreciated your responses to my thread :D I love goats, they're adorable! I have 2 dogs who think they're human ... shhhh, don't tell them they're not! ;) Sqweege
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sqweege My goats are beautiful, They are all female and I am trying to talk my partner into buying a ram, so that I can breed them. I have found them be just like dogs, they follow us everywhere and just love human company. I know what you mean about the dogs thinking they are human - I have an 8mth old Jack Russell who thinks she owns the house (and, basically she does!!) She is an inside dog at night and outside with our Border Collie of a day. She is a different dog outside, runs around like a lunatic, but once inside, she returns to that little baby, that just has to be nursed continually. I dont care though, I love it!!! I had another Jack Russell - 2 years old, but unfortunately whilst I was in Melb for treatment, she dug a hole and got out onto the main road and was hit by a truck. I was absolutely devastated and I guess I am over protecting little Lilly, I just couldnt bare for anything to happen to her and I do LOVE the attention she gives me. She always has a 'big wet kiss' for me. haha Hope you are doing OK. Di XX
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.