Testicular cancer

Papa_Dingo
New Contributor

Testicular cancer

Just wanted to comment on how valuable this space is, but we really need to use it. It's OUR Forum.. the Survivors and the Diagnosed.. The great thing about it is though, we also have the opportunity to get good guidance on possibilities of treatments/paths/etc. and others who have walked the walk to talk to. Thanks for setting these up CC.. 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mikey
Contributor

Testicular cancer

Good Morning Pierreau. Thankyou for your kind comments and for taking the first steps to post in this forum. I note on your profile page you describe yourself as a survivor. I'm looking forward to the valuable advice you'll be able to offer the users of this forum.
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

Testicular cancer

That's a really good idea Peter. I wonder how you'd go about getting a program like that in schools. I'm going to ask some questions. I'll report back.
0 Kudos
Papa_Dingo
New Contributor

Testicular cancer

will be a pleasure..  I actual help out with phone support for Testicular Cancer already for guys newly diagnosed... One of the things I'd love to see is some kind of awareness in the schools for the boys..  I have no doubt that we educate the girls about checking their breasts and would like to see something happening for the boys..  I know it's a rare cancer and doesn't take too many lives each year, thank God, but early detection is still a must.. and it's usually the young ones who get the wrong end of the stick. are you going to the training today and tomorrow? If so, I'll see you there.. regards..  Peter G.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.