Types of breast cancer

Patsi
New Contributor

Types of breast cancer

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in late May. I was told I was inoperable but not untreatable and began AC chemo in June of 4 fortnightly cycles. I'm now halfway thru the 12 weekly Taxols. I notice that everyone else seems to know their types of breast cancer. All I know is that I have 2 tumours that are responding and that everyone is very pleased because my type of tumour often doesn't repond to chemo (which I'm glad they didn't tell me beforehand). Is this because I have not been operated on yet? I had an ultrasound guided biopsy only. I'm suffering from chemo fog and it's getting worse. I never remember to ask the right questions. I've also had 2 MRI's and a PET scan which all looked pleasing to the doctors. Do they know something I don't? This chemo seems vicious for someone who hasn't been cut open and all scans looked good... My nails are next to go but I love being bald all over. All I know is that my cancer is the type that 75 per cent of women get. I thought that was encouraging. I'm 63yrs old and miss my old life of riding my horse and motorbike and running along the beach with my dog every day. My boyfriend dumped me sometime after the second chemo, lol, so I'm not missing him!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Types of breast cancer

Hello and welcome @Patsi!

So sorry to hear you're having a rough time with your chemo treatment Smiley Sad

I don't think there's any right or wrong level of knowledge when it comes to breast cancers, or any cancers for that matter. Please feel free to ask any questions and comment on other people's posts if you see something that piques your interest.

You may find these publications of interest, they may answer some of your questions or help with anything you've been experiencing of late:

If you would prefer a hard copy version of these, just send me a private message or send an email to onlinecommunity@nswcc.org.au and I'd be more than happy to arrange it for you.

Sending hugs Heart

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.