Worried, can anyone offer advice?

Tayl0r
New Contributor

Worried, can anyone offer advice?

Hi, I am a 42 year old female. 
I have been having drenching night sweats for almost 2 years, they less frequently occur during the day. I am very tired all the time and tend to have itchy legs of an evening, scratching until blood drawn at times.

Last March I found a lump in my left armpit. It is hard and moves and just smaller than a marble. I had a mammogram and an ultrasound and it was determined it was a normal reactive lymph node, however I was advised that if it got bigger or didn’t go down it would need re-evaluating.

Well, it’s still the same & coupled with my symptoms Lymphoma fits, I have no weight loss at present but poor appetite. Gp has put me on a HRT gel for peri-menopause but it’s made no difference to my symptoms.

I feel like I’m going round in circles as I keep going back to doctors with same symptoms.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

I had a melanoma in situ 10 years ago, which was only discovered as I didn’t like the mole exposed to the sun on the back of my neck (was a couple, different colours altogether) and I just had a gut feeling.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Worried, can anyone offer advice?

Tay

Sorry to hear that you are worried about having cancer. 

When was the last time you had blood work done? 

Night sweat and lumps in your armpit is concerning. Do you have icky skin?

Have you asked them to do a meddle biopsy? 

I could love to see what your white blood cell count is. 

I believe I had my cancer for a year because my white blood cells were just .05 for being considered to high.  I did have other signs of having cancer but it never crossed my mind that I could have it..

0 Kudos
Tayl0r
New Contributor

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I have very itchy legs, especially at night. My bloods have not flagged anything thus far other than my low kidney function and high creatinine, and my last full bloods was in September. My WBC was 8.6.
The doctor just seemed very dismissive, telling me it’s “normal” I have asked for it ti be biopsied but his response was that he would refer me to haematology and let them decide if I need to be seen.

🙂

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Tay10r, you def need to keep trying to find out what is the reason for your symptoms. It’s not “normal “! Something is not right. If you had a PET scan they could see if any more lymph nodes are swollen. Hopefully you can get to see a haematologist.  Lots of love and prayers for you 🙏💕 Linda G

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.