pfft

johnrp1964
Occasional Contributor

pfft

I wrote this huge post the other day and then went to save it and the website came back with some error. Does this happen to anyone else. I had spent an hour writing an eloquent piece only to have lost it. From now on I am going to write my posts in notepad and then that will make sure I have a copy of it if the site goes down unexpectedly.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: pfft

That has happened to me several times. It's a shame. I know how you feel. Sometimes I have taken a deep breath and composed the text again, other times I have said 'hang it' and closed down. It's like investing...only risk what you can afford to lose! I use Word for things that I intend to compose with care (that can take weeks) and then it is a simple matter of cutting and pasting into the comment box, checking the formatting - only takes a minute - and them posting. I don't know if the site can retrieve your text. Maybe ask? They are really helpful and I know they have found things in cyberspace for others. H
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

My problem with the site and errors has only not being able to log in or out .If I can't log out I leave it and return to do it later .Sometimes I forget and it's more than a day later.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi All, If you are experiencing errors or loss of your posts etc, please email admin@cancerconnections.com.au and we will endeavour to respond as soon as we are able. The website does unfortunately crash from time to time and we apologise if this negatively affects or has affected any of the Cancer Connections community. Where members wish to contribute longer posts or replies, johnrp1964's suggestion of using another word processing program to write with and then copying and pasting the text from it to the website is a good one. Members experiencing difficulties logging in/out of the website could try clearing their cache/browsing history/cookies in their web browser at the end of their session or prior to beginning a new one. Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.