"Divorce sick wife, doctor told" Today Tonight Channel 7 with Dr Sofocado's family

junstel88
Occasional Contributor

"Divorce sick wife, doctor told" Today Tonight Channel 7 with Dr Sofocado's family

Please watch, share, and support. Thank you. God be with us all!! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1968065969816&saved#!/video/video.php?v=1968065969816&comm...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141278545944273 (Support DR SOFOCADO FAMILY) (please add yourself to above link) http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/9253693/divorce-sick-wife-doctor-told/ Divorce sick wife, doctor told

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Divorce sick wife, doctor told" Today Tonight Channel ...

I do not understand... why we think we can import skills instead of spending on training... and then change the rules because of a perceived cost later on... we have already got the cheaper option, so accept the consequences. This family should stay here. And I do not understand... why we spend billions detaining people for years and then expect them to respect our property laws. This is all wrong. H
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

G'day Harker I couldn't agree more. We underspend on education and training and then wonder why we have a skills shortage. We import from developing countries where skills are sorely needed - maybe as part of our medical training we should require time spent in a developing country. It is inhumane to not allow a skilled professional to stay in the country simply because one of their family may require costly medical treatment in the future. Whilst they have been here they have paid their taxes like everyone else, they have contribute to the well being of the country, they should be allowed to stay. Treatment of asylum seekers - don't get me started on that - the attitude of the conservative side of politics I can understand - they are meant to be right wing and they generally exploit populism. I cannot understand the attitude of the present government. They are meant to be the humane ones, instead they are trying to outdo the conservatives. I belong to an organisation that in a small way assists asylum seekers. We can provide two people or a family with accommodation and support whilst they go through the hoops. We also have a number of people whom we assist with support and legal matters. In all cases they have been gracious, decent people who have suffered enormous trauma, often forced to leave families behind - they were desperate. They are people capable of contributing a lot to this country. We should let them stay. If you are rich enough to fly to this country on a tourist visa, then just stay you don't get sent to Christmas Island, forced into camps in remote area. If you are poor and get caught up in the extortion of boat smugglers then somehow or other you are less than human. Harker, you have got me going. Cheers Sailor One cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow. Sir Richard Burton
0 Kudos
junstel88
Occasional Contributor

"Thank You"

To all of you: On behalf of my family, we wish to express our sincere gratitude to all of you who’s with us all the way. The Australian Immigration Minister Honorable Chris Bowen MP with his urgent action, used his “Ministerial Intervention” as prescribed by the Law, and finally granted our Permanent Residency Visa. Thank you our dear Minister! Thank you DIAC! Thank you Australia! Thanks to all of you! Yours sincerely, SOFOCADO FAMILY ( Cesar, Mary, Sofia, Kyla)
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

Re: "Thank You"

That is fantastic news. It is a pity that the Immigration Department Bureaucracy put you through all this unnecessary stress, but congratulations to the Minister for intervening. Pity he couldn't be more humane about those on Christmas Island, Curtin and Villawood. In your case it is good news and we all hope things turn out well for you. cheers Salior
0 Kudos
harker
Frequent Contributor

I am pleased about this outcome, too. We are a nation of mostly very recent migrants and there is no reason to expect that to change. None at all. Welcome. H
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I missed TT so just caught up here. Wonderful news for the whole family.Wonderful news for Australia as we need more doctors and more good people.
0 Kudos
junstel88
Occasional Contributor

thank you so much guys..we're still receiving emails, letters thru post, text messages and phone calls from people, honestly we don't know..and we're happy and overwhelmed, specially my beloved wife, for all these supports, prayers and thoughts..but yesterday i received from anonymous message telling specifically that my "sick" wife should not be granted the PR visa because she will "rip-off" the australian money!..again, i just thank him/her for the time he/she spent thinking of us ;-)... i explained that all the necessary expensive medical treatment and surgical procedures were already done and paid by our own pocket, and help from other individual and community BEFORE the granting of this PR visa..no more expensive treatment can "cure" my wife!..and even if my wife will gonna need this "free health access", it will be very minimal and my wife's tax contribution when she was still healthy was more than enough to cover her medical needs, if ever she's gonna need more palliative care..funny thing, out of curiosity, i ask the centrelink people if my wife can access any benefits, and she was told to "wait two years" before she can get benefits!!!..i just hope and pray that my wife is still with us by that time... just sharing to you what's the latest..but still, we are very grateful to all of you guys..thanks
0 Kudos
junstel88
Occasional Contributor

thank you so much guys..we're still receiving emails, letters thru post, text messages and phone calls from people, honestly we don't know..and we're happy and overwhelmed, specially my beloved wife, for all these supports, prayers and thoughts..but yesterday i received from anonymous message telling specifically that my "sick" wife should not be granted the PR visa because she will "rip-off" the australian money!..again, i just thank him/her for the time he/she spent thinking of us ;-)... i explained that all the necessary expensive medical treatment and surgical procedures were already done and paid by our own pocket, and help from other individual and community BEFORE the granting of this PR visa..no more expensive treatment can "cure" my wife!..and even if my wife will gonna need this "free health access", it will be very minimal and my wife's tax contribution when she was still healthy was more than enough to cover her medical needs, if ever she's gonna need more palliative care..funny thing, out of curiosity, i ask the centrelink people if my wife can access any benefits, and she was told to "wait two years" before she can get benefits!!!..i just hope and pray that my wife is still with us by that time... just sharing to you what's the latest..but still, we are very grateful to all of you guys..thanks
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.