Re-claim Life: call out for young adult survivors

CCNSWAdmin
Community Manager

Re-claim Life: call out for young adult survivors

reclaim.jpg

We're seeking interest from Australian young adult survivors who are looking for guidance, strategies, and discussion with their peers.

Re-claim Life is a support program designed for cancer survivors who are aged between 25 and 40 years. The aim is to help participants develop better coping skills in managing their cancer-related concerns in the early survivorship period.

People within this age group can be contemplating new relationships, starting jobs or returning to the workforce. They may be worried about whether they can have their own family and how their future will unfold.

Open discussion between the participants is facilitated by two counsellors who also provide tangible strategies to build resilience and coping skills. The format of the program is via videoconferencing with between 4 and 6 participants attending six, weekly sessions.

It is part of a larger research study developed by Ursula Sansom-Daly, Claire Wakefield and colleagues at the Behavioural Sciences Unit, Kids Cancer Centre, UNSW Sydney. Cancer Council NSW has partnered with the university to deliver the program.

For more details please call Gabrielle on 1800 734 398.

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Reclaim Life: call out for young adult survivors

Just bumping this up - we're currently recruiting for this if anyone might be interested 😀

jmstainton1391
New Contributor

Re: Reclaim Life: call out for young adult survivors

Hi my partner  hallee would be very keen to do this

Emsky1985
Occasional Visitor

Re: Re-claim Life: call out for young adult survivors

841C839C-B7D1-4483-96C3-BDCD9AFF71FC.jpeg

 I’m a 35 year old single mum living with stage 4 Ogliometastatic Breast cancer secondary to the bone. I was diagnosed in Feb 2020 and have had 4 months of chemo which finished on 17th June, had surgery to remove the tumour and 10  lymph nodes 1 of which was cancerous. I am on day 3 of 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and still fighting strong. My son is 4 and keeps me going. I am a survivor and I will beat this for him and my family. 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.