Another GBM rears its ugly head

Usekh
Not applicable

Another GBM rears its ugly head

Hey all. I got about the worst start to the new year you can imagine. Being diagnosed with this thing in my head. Sadly it is the incurable variety for those not familiar with the acronym. Getting treated out of St Vincents here in Melb who have been awesome so far. The initial op was a big success as these things go. Everything removed they could see, but of course it is coming back. Radio and Chemo start Tuesday and tonight I am damn scared, first time I have cried since the first night I got home after hospital. You know it is hard where you are a 37 year old guy who was just happily and quietly drifting through life with no desire than a life full of small content quiet little things. Mercifully I don't have a partner or kids, not sure I could put either through this, but I do have a semi-sainted mother, and a big network of friends. Still finding it hard to talk to them about it all, so here I am. PS Those things on painkillers about "If symptoms persist" totally accurate and wise advice 😛
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Re: Another GBM rears its ugly head

Hey Usekh, So sorry to hear of your lousy start to new year. I know how you feel, I was the same, yay welcome in 2012 with a radical neck dissection then lose some teeth, now waiting my ultimate destiny with the radiotherapy machine. yippeee cant wait, NOT. I know its hard, your only so young, wow 37, Im 48 this year and I think Im too young for this crap. I cant help you with chemo, not my case thank goodness, I think the radio is going to be bad enough, sheesh they wont leave me alone....Im out of my op 4 wks today and they already have me going in next week for my planning etc, mask blah blah. I dont blame you being scared, and its good to have a cry, I must admit Ive had my few tears, but I think it helps. You hang in there ok? And this site is awesome, with so many awesome people dealing with their own demons, and everyone here is here for you, keep talking if you cant talk to your networks yet. I know I understand your pain. Hugs Leesa
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.