Damn nightmares again

Pamela
Contributor

Re: Damn nightmares again

Hi Pimbok Although your results show you still have a problem, it is a positive result under the circumstance. However, I agree with you that you would want it out. If your doctor does not do so, I suggest you get a second opinion. Most of us know our bodies well, and gut feelings are for a purpose. Get all the information you can from more than one source to enable you to make an informed decision.
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Hi Silly, I got to read my report because I had to pick up the films in the afternoon. They said the report was ready and asked if I'd like a copy of it which I did. Maybe if you ask them next time, you can have a copy of the report before you see your doc. It was really, really handy. I finally got to see my surgeon this morning after having to wait an extra week as he was away last Friday. Unfortunately, he's concerned that there is so much scarring, it would be very difficult to find the lump and there would probably be more damage than good having it removed including possible nerve damage. If it grows, he'll organise another MRI with markers so he can pinpoint it a lot easier. I'm frustrated as I don't particularly want anything more growing in me and I don't believe the lump is necessarily benign. Guess with this one I'll just have to wait it out. The good news is, I can go off Lyrica now as the pain is so much better. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Kim
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I would feel the same as you ,Kim . I hope he does that other scan and gets it all sorted out and fixed .It's good that you're off the Lyrica . I still take it twice a day ,150mg and 75mg . I will take your advice and ask for reports before I see the doctor next time . That will be in 12 months time unless something bad crops up . Keep us updated with your progress.
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Hi, Saw my surgeon again and he said, "No" before I even got in through the door. He's too concerned about causing more damage for such a "small" lump but is happy to take it out if it grows. I left his room in tears. Guess I will just have to try not worrying and get on with things and see how it goes. I'm riding my bike from Hobart to Alice Springs leaving on Saturday for the Black Dog Institute which will help keep my mind off things. It's great that I'm off Lyrica but can still feel problems sometimes. I'm sure it will all be fine and I'm loathe to go back on it. Its amazing what cancer and radiation etc can do to our bodies, eh?! You went through yours before mine and it's still going. I hope things are settling down around your eye and you're feeling better about it all. My son and I are heading up to Nerang in January to see my parents, so I'll be in your neck of the woods 🙂 I remember one Christmas when we were up there, it was so hot the balloons melted to their wooden posts. Hope it's much cooler next year. Take care, Kim
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry that the doctor will not remove the lump to give you peace of mind but maybe he's doing the right thing . I don't know . I guess you'll have to forget about it for a while like you said . I'm impressed about your bike ride . Wow ! I bought a second hand bicycle a couple of years ago to see if I could ride as I'd onlytried it once since I was 8 years old (sometime in my 30's ) and wasn't very good then. My childhood bike didn't even have gears . Anyway I rode it once, but where we live I need to be able to ride uphill or downhill from our driveway and both are too scary and uphill too hard ,so that's the end of that . I'm happy enough about the eye now . I will send you a private message about your Christmas visit .
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry that the doctor will not remove the lump to give you peace of mind but maybe he's doing the right thing . I don't know . I guess you'll have to forget about it for a while like you said . I'm impressed about your bike ride . Wow ! I bought a second hand bicycle a couple of years ago to see if I could ride as I'd onlytried it once since I was 8 years old (sometime in my 30's ) and wasn't very good then. My childhood bike didn't even have gears . Anyway I rode it once, but where we live I need to be able to ride uphill or downhill from our driveway and both are too scary and uphill too hard ,so that's the end of that . I'm happy enough about the eye now . I will send you a private message about your Christmas visit .
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Hi, So glad you're happy enough about your eye now. I should have mentioned that I'm only riding my motorbike to Alice - I can't even get down our driveway on my bicycle :) Looking forward to your PM. Take care
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Even your riding a motor bike is impressive to me .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.