Facebook a help?

rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Facebook a help?

I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm a face booker and I just updated my status and spilled the beans so to speak (not so easy for a bloke) wow the support I got from my friends was amazing, I was gob smacked really, made me feel better that's for sure. Getting this off my chest seemed to make me see things in a brighter way! I'm going to get my body moving as much as I can to lose a few K's and get ready for surgery, I know it is the right thing to do so why not just do it? Going into this as positive as one can be, 5 km walk planned first thing tomorrow... Anyone care to join me?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
evaboo
Contributor

Re: Facebook a help?

I usually do 6k every day with the dog but can't do anything yet. As soon as I'm back on my feet I'll virtual walk with you. Promise. You don't mind if I bring my dog do you ;-) I've kept this journey off FB because all my family is in the UK and I couldn't see the point in stressing them out until I had a diagnosis. But then I got my diagnosis and it was all over and done with. That said, all my family and FB. Friends know I've been poorly and like you, the support has been great. Keep focused and positive? Eva
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.