Hello - I'm new here. Looking for other guys to chat to about Prostate Cancer treatments.

AlexF
Not applicable

Hello - I'm new here. Looking for other guys to chat to about Prostate Cancer treatments.

Hello members, I am having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around the various treatments. I was offered two paths: A - radio, brushing, hormone (and maybe surgery) or B - Surgery (and maybe hormone). I'm vey afraid of Hormone treatment side affects - but also the side effects of the operation. Seems the public system is encouraging me to take option B - operation first. But I really feel I don;t know enough about what happens AFTER the surgery to be able to make a decision that sits comfortably. I hate feeling rushed and pushed .... but I know I only have less than 30 days to decide. I would love to hear from anyone going through a similar decision process - or from people who are on the 'other' side of the op. THANK YOU in advance Alex
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Christo
Not applicable

Re: Hello - I'm new here. Looking for other guys to chat to ...

Gday Alex I have received a message from your son Rimmelle outlining that you are having surgery for prostate cancer My experience was quite a positive one as my recovery was as good if not better than I expected. I made a point of keeping relatively fit, eating well & positive mindset (tried hard that this wouldn't get me down & take over my thinking). Yes there are consequences after surgery, but wellness is No. 1 priority was my thinking, am dealing with it!! My life is not dramatically different except I appreciate it & say thank you every day All the very best Alex, you can overcome anything with a clear mind & good support Thinking of you mate Chris
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.