Hi, I'm new at this...

coolshoes
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm new at this...

Hey, thanks for having me in the group. I was diagnosed with a 4cm mass in the top part of my bowel about eight weeks ago. It's been a whirlwind of blood tests, doc appointments, surgery and now chemo. Had my first round yesterday and today. It's scary, I'm just doing what they tell me and taking it a step at a time. It has taken over life that's for sure. But the hospital and all associated have been awesome. I know there's a lot of people worse off than me, but I guess we are all living through our challenges. Anyway, just hi. 🙂
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sharon_a
New Contributor

Re: Hi, I'm new at this...

Hi I relate when you say it takes over your life and I know when I was first told I did what I was told mainly because I didn't know what else to do at that time and the doctors, nurses and all hospital staff have been fantastic.
0 Kudos
coolshoes
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi, I'm new at this...

I'm glad the staff have been good! My hospital staff are awesome as well. It makes you feel safer I think. I'm not used to feeling this fragile. I'm usually the one who copes. But, every day is new and I can learn something. 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.