Hi, Lung carcinoid

Skoteesh
New Contributor

Hi, Lung carcinoid

Hi, I've had a left lower lobectomy for a 1cm typical carcinoid in March 2013. I just want to be in touch in case and, if I can help anyone, I'm here.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Kikiren
Not applicable

Re: Hi, Lung carcinoid

Hi,skoteesh. My name is Lizhu, I am so sad about hearing my aunty has been diagnosed lung cancer. Both lung slice has got cancer and it has already transferred to lymph. Now the doctor suggested to do the surgery but they can't guarantee it works or not. I don't know how long she can live and I think if we made wrong decision might kill her quicker. I have no idea what to do . I think maybe traditional treatment is better for her cause I don't wanna her suffering in the rest of her live. Not much time left .....
0 Kudos
Skoteesh
New Contributor

Re: Hi, Lung carcinoid

Hi, Lizhu, It's very scary when a relative is diagnosed with cancer and you feel that you cant do anything to help You say lung cancer but not whether it is carcinoid. Although carcinoids can be slow growing it is very difficult to advise on as everyone is different and every situation seems to be different. Sometimes they show on CT scans, other times they need a PET scan. Be guided by the doctor. If you go with her for her appointments be prepared to listen to what you are being told. Take along a pad and pencil so you can write things down as you're often too stressed to listen properly and remember what was said. Your aunt may be fearful or she may have had time to come to terms with her condition. Whatever it is, make sure that she is not the one supporting you through this and that you are able to help her where she needs help whether is it just sitting with her or taking her out to have fun, if able, between treatments Use your local cancer council for support and advice Best wishes to you both Mary
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.