How to treat rashes on my scalp known as folliculities

Mui25

How to treat rashes on my scalp known as folliculities

I was diagnosed breast cancer in July this year and started chemotherapy late  August. I am struggling to treat the rashes on the back of my head - a condition I believed known as Folliculitis.

can someone share if there’s something that will help to treat the condition (the pain, itching, soreness and redness). Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: How to treat rashes on my scalp known as folliculities

Hi Mui25,

I'm glad you were able to reach out and ask for some community support. Side effects from treatment are always so individual and varied. It would be such a challenging time, so I hope others who have gone through it can offer some tips around managing this.

If you need any clinical information, our 13 11 20 line consultants may be able to talk you through this as well. Give them a call if you need.

All the best

Ashley

0 Kudos
Lou2024

Re: How to treat rashes on my scalp known as folliculities

I'm going through my second lot of chemo now and my head has become sensitive and itchy again recently. It happened the first time around also right before my hair fell out. The follicles themselves get really irritated. I find shaving it all off once it starts falling out a lot really helps. Then lots of good quality coconut oil twice per day makes a huge difference. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.