I have breast cancer.

bleu_foxx
New Contributor

I have breast cancer.

Hi. I have grade2 breast cancer. I had an operation on the 12th dec 2008. I had a mastectomy. I was told i had an xillery clearance and there were no cancer cells in the glands. But sadly my oncologist told me  they had gone as far back as the chest wall and there was no clearance. I am so very scared. I just dont know what to do. I feel so alone. I was told by my oncologist i would be having radiotheropy. Can someone tell me have they had this kind of cancer and survived? I am so scared of dying.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
gypsy
Occasional Contributor

I have breast cancer.

hey, i am so sad to hear your news. my partner has an inoperable brain tumor, leukemia and its possibly spread. i know this is not the same as you, but my partner is a buddhist and he is more afraid of not living his life, no matter how much time he has left in this life. Hope, love, laugh, hug, smile, experience and live your life with joy. My thoughts are with you and pray that joy fills every moment of your life. gypsy
0 Kudos
MissRen
Contributor

I have breast cancer.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear your story. The key is to stay positive. I too was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I had a grade 3 tumour in my right breast. In Oct I had a bilateral mastecomy and thankfully my nodes were clear. I've had 3 sessions of chemo, am 8 days into radiation treatment (13 to go) and have 3 more sessions of chemo after. The radiation makes me tired towards the afternoon but otherwise I'm not experiencing other side effects. You can get through this by surroungding yourself with loved ones and accepting the support they provide. My days are full spending time with friends and doing things that make me happy. You willl get through this.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.