In treatment for Plasmacytoma...

bcj128
Visitor

In treatment for Plasmacytoma...

So I'm 60% through my radiation treatment.  Feeling really drained...and discouraged becuase I know I have a 50% chance of this becomng multiple myeloma.  I'm struggling to keep positive for my family, and viewing my glass as half full.  Just trying to not feel so alone.  Lots of friends try to give support, positive thoughts, and "advice".  But none of them truly understand, unlike the people in this forum...so that's why I'm here...again, trying to not feel alone.  

Who has any experience with a plasmacytoma, or radiation?  How do you keep up your energy?

1 REPLY 1
Barb_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Re: In treatment for Plasmacytoma...

Hi @bcj128,

Sorry to hear that your having such a tough time, we're glad to hear that the forum is providing support for you.

We have some useful information online which you might like to have a look at.

There's a publication on Radiation Therapy which is under the Treatment and side effcets heading on the page. Here is a link to the inofrmation, you will then be able to download the publication directly.  Treatment and side effects

Additionally we also have our webinar and podcast that focus on managing fatigue, below here is are links 

Fatigue after Cancer Treatment

Managing Cancer Fatigue

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.