Looking for some remedies!

Larns81
Not applicable

Looking for some remedies!

Hi everyone! My mum has started chemo 14 days ago and is beginning to get mouth ulcers and sensitivity, can anyone suggest/recommend any products that can relieve them? Also she has started to get an acne like rash around her chin & hairline, is anyone familiar with this as a side-effect to chemo? She is yet to lose her hair, could this be the beginning? Looking forward to reading your suggestions! Thanks L
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
samex
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for some remedies!

Hi. The hospital may be able to give your mum a mouth wash for the ulcers or if you make up a solution of bicarb and water it does the trick. Just don't swallow!I found it to be quite helpful if you sloosh it around your mouth a few times a day. Don't know about the rash - ask at her clinic. They should be able to help. Hope that she is feeling OK Samex
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking for some remedies!

Hi Larns81 ask your mums doctor for a script for FUNGILIN lozenges. I was given these when I had a very sore mouth from the chemo. There is also a mouthwash that I was given by the chemo nurses, but unfortunately I cant remember what it was called. Ask the nurses where your mum has her chemo - they will know what it is, but get the lozenges as well! I'm not sure about the rash, but I know before my hair started falling out, I had a very sore scalp and it was very tingly. Again, check with the chemo nurses - I found that they know everything. Good luck. Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.