Multivitamin supplements made for cancer patients?

Dominover
New Contributor

Multivitamin supplements made for cancer patients?

My best friend has breast cancer and is currently undergoing radiation therapy.  It's making her very tired and run down.

I'm just wondering if there are any multivitamin supplements made for cancer patients.  Something which contains safe ingredients that won't affect here treatment.  I have seen this question asked allot around the web, but I haven't seen any products made for this type of thing yet.

I was hoping to find a complex supplement instead of multiple different vitamins in separate packets.  Maybe there's some herbal supplement which will help here heal and feel a little better?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CCNSWAdmin
Community Manager

Re: Multivitamin supplements made for cancer patients?

Hi @Dominover,

There's no one multivitamin that is recommended for people living with cancer that I am aware of. I did have a quick chat with one of our 13 11 20 consultants and she mentioned to avoid any ingredients that may contain hormones.

She also advised it would be best to ask the breast care nurse or registrar as to what vitamins or supplements they recommend and then go from there.

Has your friend considered complementary therapies as yet? Things like traditional chinese medicine, naturopathy, or even massage therapy - there are specially trained therapists who can work with people who have cancer, such as breast.

Here are some good resources as a starting point:

Dominover
New Contributor

Re: Multivitamin supplements made for cancer patients?

Thanks for your answer!  The links you have provided will prove very useful for her.  I'll pass them on. 

Thanks once again!

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.