New member saying hello

i-fight
Occasional Contributor

Re: New member saying hello

Hi Tassie Devil, How are you doing? Hope you are doing well! I was recently diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer. It has been 10 days since a I had an ovarian debunking. I haven't even talked to the doctors yet to see what the next step will be. I know this journey won't be pretty but I'm determined to fight the best I can. I'm 45 years old, married with two beautiful children (seven year old girl and 10 year old boy). I'll fight for them. Funny... I used to say that I'd kill and die for them and now all I want is to live for them. Best.
0 Kudos
i-fight
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tassie Devil, How are you doing? Hope you are doing well! I was recently diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer. It has been 10 days since a I had an ovarian debunking. I haven't even talked to the doctors yet to see what the next step will be. I know this journey won't be pretty but I'm determined to fight the best I can. I'm 45 years old, married with two beautiful children (seven year old girl and 10 year old boy). I'll fight for them. Funny... I used to say that I'd kill and die for them and now all I want is to live for them. Best.
0 Kudos
Tassie_Devil
Occasional Contributor

Hi i-fight, Good to hear from you.I'm Caroline by the way. Sounds like I am further down the road than you!. Hope your de-bulking operation went ok - you are probably still sore from it 10 days on. After 2 ops and 6 rounds of chemo I went back to work 4 days a week and so far things have been fine, just a little tiredness and sore / stiff hands from the chemo. I travel a little bit in my job, but most of it is office based. I know what you mean about your children. Even though my son is nearly 18, I still feel the same!. I don't want to miss his big milestones so plan to be around as long as possible and enjoy the little things with him!!. Not easy when a teenager is stressing out about TCEs!!. Which State are you in?. We are in northern Tassie. Since I finished chemo I have tried to keep to my normal routine ( so important for my son but also my hubby!!). I have been able to go back to the gym and do my regular classes (combat, attack and Pump). People there have been very supportive and have seen me go from a bald head to a tufty mop!. We joke that I will soon be able to put it up in bunches (not!!). Well, I hope your Doctors set out the next stage of your care plan soon so you can focus your energies on meeting the next challenge. I come on to the site as much as I can and always happy to have a chat. Speak again soon. Love, Caroline x
0 Kudos
i-fight
Occasional Contributor

Hey Caroline, Thanks for your reply. It's very good to connect to someone who understand this experience. My name is Arlete and I'm Brazilian. My family and I was living in US for the last 10 months. My husband went for a postdoctoral program and our plans were to stay until Jan 2014. I came to Brazil to see my doctor to treat what I thought was a simple something. Anyway, my family is arriving tomorrow morning and now we don't know if we're going back to US or will have to stay in Brazil. I feel sorry because my kids are so well adapted to school and friends and want to know when we're going to go back... You know I've always believed that whatever happened to my life, good or bad, was somehow a result of my thoughts and decisions. So, I'm not mad with my condition because I feel I somehow made decisions that took me down this road. Now, I'm trying to understand what led me here, why I came to this. I realized that we are what we think we are not what we wish we are. Wow, even though I've always known some universal truths only now they make real sense to me. It's good to know you're back to work. I so much desire to get back to normal life! I wish you health and happiness. Keep positive! Love, Arlete.
0 Kudos
i-fight
Occasional Contributor

Hey Caroline, Thanks for your reply. It's very good to connect to someone who understand this experience. My name is Arlete and I'm Brazilian. My family and I was living in US for the last 10 months. My husband went for a postdoctoral program and our plans were to stay until Jan 2014. I came to Brazil to see my doctor to treat what I thought was a simple something. Anyway, my family is arriving tomorrow morning and now we don't know if we're going back to US or will have to stay in Brazil. I feel sorry because my kids are so well adapted to school and friends and want to know when we're going to go back... You know I've always believed that whatever happened to my life, good or bad, was somehow a result of my thoughts and decisions. So, I'm not mad with my condition because I feel I somehow made decisions that took me down this road. Now, I'm trying to understand what led me here, why I came to this. I realized that we are what we think we are not what we wish we are. Wow, even though I've always known some universal truths only now they make real sense to me. It's good to know you're back to work. I so much desire to get back to normal life! I wish you health and happiness. Keep positive! Love, Arlete.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.