No chemo follow up after bowel cancer removal

Maureenf
Contributor

No chemo follow up after bowel cancer removal

I had bowel cancer removed and was told by surgeon I would need 'mopping up' chemo but when I saw oncologist he didnt think it was needed, any thoughts from anybody? Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
customline
Occasional Contributor

Re: No chemo follow up after bowel cancer removal

G'day Maureenf ,your Oncologist knows best and if he/she says no chemo take a deep sigh of relief .You probably had a low grade of Cancer .Take care and all the best .
0 Kudos
customline
Occasional Contributor

G'day Maureenf ,your Oncologist knows best and if he/she says no chemo take a deep sigh of relief .You probably had a low grade of Cancer .Take care and all the best .
0 Kudos
wmj1361
Not applicable

Do you know what's stage? That would make a difference. Also whether it was in the lymph nodes or not. If your worried get a second opinion. They are only doctors not gods and if they make a mistake we pay with our lives.
0 Kudos
Maureenf
Contributor

No dont know what stage it was, just told there was 3 lymph nodes that it was showing in but as I also have Myeloma the onco didnt think I could take the chemo, didnt seem all that worried, just keeping a 6 monthly check on it. Thanks for your response
0 Kudos
Maureenf
Contributor

Thanks for your response, the bowel cancer was removed successfully but wanted to get rid of a couple of lymph nodes that may spread at some stage, I also have Myeloma and the onco didnt think I could take it, didnt seem to worried just have to be checked every 6 months now! I have refused chemo for Myeloma so wasnt prepared to do it anyway! Unless absolutely necessary!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.