Sending Love

heidi
Occasional Contributor

Sending Love

Hello everyone here, I am in week 4 of treatment for head and neck cancer and this is the harshest thing I've ever had to go through. Chemotherapy weekly and radiation daily are making me feel so ill. Slowly I am not getting to do the things I love. I feel worse every day, but I hope the treatment works and I will live. I am just sending huge love out there to you all battling a sickness. Sometimes I try to make sense of why anyone has to go through this and then I realise, it's all just random. You are not alone. Reach out if you'd like a chat. I am trying to stay grateful and positive, it's really really tough. 

10 REPLIES 10
saraii
New Contributor

Re: Sending Love

Hi Heidi 

Thank you for sharing your story. Just know that you are so brave. Even embarking on this treatment journey is a huge step. I begin mine tomorrow. We will get there together, just taking a day at a time and leaning on eachother's positivity. 

S. 

heidi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, S 

In this together every step of the way 

0 Kudos
PeterK
Contributor

Hi Heidi
Nice to read yr post yes our journeys are often hard and “chemo sux big time”
1st diagnosed in 11/2011 but still here, having a positive attitude is half the battle, so stay strong, be strong, remain focused, set goals and kick some as well
Wishing U all the very best
Kind Regards Peter 🌺🌺
YasT
New Contributor

Hello Heidi the Brave. 
Good on you for fighting this. I have gone through similar with a tumour removed from my lower jaw and then then an intensive round of radiation to follow. It was a very challenging time and the side effects were just plain awful. But worth it as I’m still here 2 years on and life has gradually returned to normal - apart from not liking the taste of chocolate anymore (a good thing 😜).  I know it’s hard but it’s important to stay positive, keep fighting and just take one day at a time.  Xx

heidi
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your message. It fills me with hope after chemo and radiation today.

I am so grateful you reached out to help me gather strength to make it through another day of this harsh treatment. 

I am so glad you're ok!

Wishing you all the very best too my new friend.

Love,

Heidi

0 Kudos
heidi
Occasional Contributor

Oh my goodness Yas1!

The side effects are brutal indeed and I am so sorry you had to go through that!

So much suffering. 

Look at you reaching out to help fellow sufferers to let us know you made it! 

Yeah chocolate makes you fat (hahaha)

I'd be happy being able to taste absolutely anything at this point and I hope it comes back. I love tasting food.

One day at a time is perfect advice.

Stay in touch, I am so grateful in this toughest fight of  my life.

Much love and best wishes,

Heidi

0 Kudos
heidi
Occasional Contributor

How are you feeling?

Sending love and support,

Heidi

heidi
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sarali,

I think I put my message in the wrong window ...

Anyhoo thinking of you and sending love and support.

I hope you're feeling ok.

Lots of love,

Heidi

saraii
New Contributor

Hi Heidi, 

Thank you fro checking in. End of day 3 for me and I still have a couple more days back to back before a 3 day break. I am fatigued, experiencing nausea here and there (randomly), headache that lingers (I have never suffered from headaches, a few here and there in the past, but never consistent like this, no amount of food, water or sugar is decreasing it so I know it's definitely the chemo). Just taking it day by day. How are you Heidz? Thinking of you. Hope you're keeping strong.

Sorry for any late replies. If you want to ever chat on **bleep**, messenger we can do that - more streamlined. 

Love 

S. 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.