Side effects ???

Donnat
New Contributor

Side effects ???

1. Hi, I had surgery on 25th March to remove enlarged lymph nodes on the side of my pelvis. They removed about 3of them and found cancer, they removed 80% of the cancer and planned 5 weeks of radio therapy. Last week the hospital informed me that I have othe masses going from my pelvis up to just under my left kidney and I will need to also have chemotherapy.  Not sure what to expect regarding side effects. These cancers originated from endometrial cancer I had 9 years ago and they apparently aggressive and are grade 3 cancer.  Nine years ago I had a hysterectomy  to get rid of the cancer but no radiotherapy or chemo. If anyone can enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Side effects ???

Hi Donnat

When having chemo as  individuals our body reacts differently my mate has chemo fortnightly he is on a maintenance program for rectal cancer has three days off work the week he has it ,then back at work till next dose,as chemos are different so are side effects,try and go there with a open mind,I had fatigue and nausea and little appetite during mine but friends with the same chemo had little or no side effects,drink lots of water to help flush your system,hoping your chemo treatment is not to harsh for you.Time will tell

kj

0 Kudos
Donnat
New Contributor

Re: Side effects ???

Thank you for your response
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.