Update

Not applicable

Update

Hey All Just thought Id give you an update. Ive had 5 Treatments now with Beta (my new best friend) radiotherapy at Toowoomba. The staff are awesome, my oncologist (who I am teaching Aussie Slang) is lovely. Im applying my cream religiously, my skin around my neck is going a little pink now but no signs of dry mouth, loss of taste etc. I hate the mask, I just try to think of some where nice when it is on, keep you updated Leesa
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Malcolml
Occasional Contributor

Re: Update

Your oncologist a septic tank?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Whats that supposed to mean???
0 Kudos
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

I am wondering whether Malcolm may have been referring to a slang expresion of a yank? Trying to think what it is called and can't remember. Cockney rhyming I think??
0 Kudos
Malcolml
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Malcolml
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, It appears there may have been some misunderstanding here. Malcolm, I assume you were in fact using the term 'septic tank' as in 'yank' or 'American'? Beautylee, I can understand how you may feel that you have been disrespected if you did not understand why Malcolm used the language he did. Can I please ask everyone to be mindful of what is said to one another and to not use unclear or abusive language. If you are concerned about a comment or post then let us know at admin@cancerconnections.com.au and we will look into it and respond if necessary. Please remember this online community exists to enable each of you to give and receive support and share your experiences with one another. Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.