Urethra cancer

ET83
Occasional Visitor

Urethra cancer

hello there

My mum has been receiving palliative chemotherapy for a suspected tumor (no biopsy was ever done) found in her urethra. Unfortunately the tumor hasn’t shrunk and remains stable. The plan was to shrink it then operate as it was too big but than hasn’t happened.

Now, my mum has extreme pain urinating. Her symptoms are that when she pees it’s not too painful however after it’s excruciating as her cliterous swells up and internal pain within the vagina pretty much leaves her speechless. She cannot really sit on the sofa as it’s too painful

Doctors have no idea what it is up and quite literally said they don’t know what to do. She has had a stent fitted to help with the passing of urine but after 5 prescriptions of back to back anti-biotics (mind-boggling) no pain relief at all.

This is basically a post to reach out to anyone who May have experienced or had a similar issue as I can’t just sit here and wait for appointments which are 14 days apart then come up with nothing and ask her to wait longer.

Understandably this part of the forum is for those with cancer but I’m really trying to find anyone who has been through this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Urethra cancer

Hi @ET83,

How is your Mum doing today?

Being on antibiotics seems strange to me, were you going through her regular GP for that? It seems to me it might be more nerve related - are you able to chat with her treatment team or oncologist at all?

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.