any advice???

gizmo
Not applicable

any advice???

Hi I am 42 and just been diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast. I had breast surgery - wide local excision and sentinel lymph node biopsy on May the 1st. I am extremely lucky to have kept my breast and just have the cancer removed an no trace on any cancer in my lymph nodes. I saw the oncologists today and left there so confused. I was offered to have chemotherapy for 4 months and take tamoxifen for 5 years or another option is to have goserelin (zoladex) injections around my belly button every month for 2 years and also take tamoxifen for 5 years, and radiation for 6 weeks. So confused with what to do any help would be appreciated x
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SamR
Occasional Contributor

Re: any advice???

Hi Gizmo, Hope you found some info about the various drugs treatments on offer and came to a decision. These really are difficult choices to make, considering the stakes. Hope your post surgery journey is going well and whichever treatment plan you are on, you are coping with it. Stay strong! SamR (12yr survivor)
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.