reconstructive surgery ??

Lynnette
New Contributor

reconstructive surgery ??

Hello all, Has anyone had reconstructive surgery for their palate and lip? I am weighing up pros and cons and would appreciate some feedback.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: reconstructive surgery ??

Glad you see you back and glad to see you asking about the reconstruction. I know I've read about others on my other sites who had had it. How are you going? I don't know but I think that in the long run you might be glad if you have it but for a year or so you may be unhappy .I'm only going by what you said before. I hope you get the feedback you need. All is good with me . My MRI showed no cancer, so it's you we worry about for now. Will talk soon.
0 Kudos
Lynnette
New Contributor

Hi Silly Thanks for your reply Our computer finally crashed + we had to get a new one organised Glad your MRI was ok I had CT + PET scans a few weeks ago = were all clear It is hard weighing up the good + bad for reconstructionop Like you i think it will probably be good in the long run but putting up with the complications for a year or so not so good Hope that you are going ok Talk soon
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

What date in July do you see the doctor?
0 Kudos
Lynnette
New Contributor

I didnt hear from anyone else. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I am surprised that you did not get any helpful feedback.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I am sorry that your cat died. Ours died last year,19 years old ,a good girl too. Our dog ,13 years old,died as well and she was so easy and so well behaved.That was within a few months. I am feeling happier now .It seems many of us have these down times. I hope you are happy with whatever you decide regarding surgery.This makes me realise that I am fortunate that I did not have to face that .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.