How are you doing?

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Re: How are you doing?

Great pic Kate, thanks for sharing and, the well wishes for tomorrow. Should be OK.

kj
Super Contributor

Kate

Lovely picture,brings back memory’s, yes I will post results tomorrow,hope your Mum recovers soon from surgery ,my wife had hers done so I have an idea of what’s involved,

By the way great topic.👍

kj
Super Contributor

I have just had a phone call from the outpatient clinic,the doctors have canceled all appointments tomorrow,they don’t want people coming in,I will receive a text setting up a phone consult with my Surgeon. Sometime in the future,bugga.

But that is the new world.

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

Wasn’t great news on Wednesday. A couple of extra spots. Talked about another round of Lutate. I had 1 session in November 2018, it affected my blood count and bone marrow? The team thought it best to put off the rest off the other 3. Bummer, not happy. What are you going to do?

Today a meeting with the NETs team. Small growth on the pancreas, liver Mets are only minimal. Long story short. My oncologist thinks with COVID, my previous reaction to Lutate and my general good health, it’s less dangerous to monitor from my local hospital than to do the trips to Sydney. Great news, but not too great.

Lindsay

kj
Super Contributor

Hi Lindsay

Sorry it’s not the report  you wanted to get but as you say less trips to Sydney the better for obvious reasons.

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

What a bummer! I am sorry it's not good news, but yes, it's probably better for you at the moment to stay put. I hope any further growth is extremely slow.

I am currently off my chemo, had to stop for the cataracts to be removed, but I can already feel pain & growth in some places where I've had mets before. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back on it sooner rather than later.

Life goes on, we must suck it up as best we can.😉

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi Budgie,

Thanks for your thought & best wishes. I’m sure everything will be ok in the end.

Sorry about the discomfort, that all turned around quickly. Is COVID going to put a halt on the chemo for a short or long time. Nothing said, I guess.

Bit of a pain in the bum, all of that. I hope you get back to it soon. How’s the eye, seeing things differently?
And your bloke, how did he go with his results yesterday?

Cheers Budgie, thanks again for you thoughts.

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Thanks kJ,  It’s probably best this way. We’ll see.

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

My chemo is a daily tablet & I'll be able to start back on it as soon as my eye heals enough.
Speaking of my eye, man, I didn't realise just how blind I was. It is fabulous to be able to see again, even if it's just from one eye.
Hubby's surgery has apparently gone well. I haven't been able to get in there to see him. He doesn't want me to risk getting the virus. He is in alot of pain though. He's taking 2 Endone & says that only takes the edge off. For him to take any pain meds, it must be sore. But anyway, he should be home by Sunday.
Thank you for your concern 😊. You are a very compassionate person. I wish you all the best.

Budgie
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

I received a text from the hospital yesterday confirming a time for a phone consultation week after next with the surgeon, concerning a possible reoccurrence and the size of incisional hernia,as it is a fortnight away I believe there is no reoccurrence or I would have been seen sooner.

To me no news is good news.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.