How are you doing?

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Re: How are you doing?

Thank you Sarah for your kind words.

I sit and think, in these lonely hours about Maria and I worry about young people like you. The unwavering commitment people like you , my wife and many many more put into others, at the expense of their own health is just phenomenal.

Ive experienced it first hand & I read the stories on this screen and just marvel at the power of commitment.

Your husband and children are very lucky to have you Sarah. Stay healthy for them, but in particular for you. A community filled with Sarah’s and Maria’s , is a good one we all want to live in, especially me.

well wishes to you and your tribe.

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi there Sch, Bummer about your wife. You stay safe. I have my fingers crossed for you both🤞

Budgie
Super Contributor

Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear that your wife is positive @sch, & hope by some miracle that you haven't got it, & don't get it. I also hope your wife makes a full recovery from it. It's so easily spread thru a community, much more so than what the govt is telling people, - still saying we don't need masks on. I think the only way you're not at risk of getting it if you go out, is to wear a full faced mask & disposable gloves, which you throw in the bin before you get in your car or home, then disinfect everything you used/touched while you were out before touching anything else. Then wash your hands.
That's my rant over, but I do hope all turns out well for you both. ❤

Budgie

kj
Super Contributor

sch

so sorry to read that your wife has tested positive,fingers crossed as well that she recovers quickly and that you don’t test positive at some time.

Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Lampwork,

That is so lovely. Reading is brilliant, and you have reminded me to dig out some of my old books for them- thank you! We have been drawing, crafting, cooking- I am amazed at how stoic they are at the moment, they do miss their friends and teachers, but my eight year old is part of a pen pal system with her friends, and my seven year old twins have a regular Zoom playdate with their friends every couple of days- it's working well so far! They have been pretty good with the cancer stuff too, and I suppose that dealing with cancer AND COVID-19 all at once will give them a unique perspective! I honestly feel like the luckiest person on Earth to have the support team that I do;; my husband and I have done ok, I think. Now 

Thank you so much for replying to me. You sound like a wonderful grandparent. I hope you're managing well and keeping safe. Today is a good day to stay in bed for longer with an extra cup of tea I reckon!

Sarah x

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Oh crap @sch, so very sorry to hear that. I hope she doesn't have a bad run of it. And of course, that you or the kids don't get it either. Yell out if there's anything any of us can do 😘

@Sarah11 - I've got kids as well, one of whom is 8. They are pretty resilient creatures, give them all the hugs, and things like the washing and folding and everything else that comes with running a household can wait ❤️

Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Oh man @sch, thinking of you both, that is really rough. I hope you've got the support and help you need?

Thinking of you big time.

Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Right back at you Lindsay,

You sound as though you are one of the really, really good ones. Keep well, and thank you so much for making me feel stronger! Thinking of you.

x

sch
Super Contributor

@Sarah11 @Katekat @kj @Budgie @Lindsay 

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.

For personal reasons, we've decided to keep my wife at home for quarantine.

NSW health have provided us with face masks.

Some days she's better than others. Today wasn't a good day. She just lay in bed all day and slept and felt very sick and couldn't eat.  She's in daily contact with medical staff who call to check on her in the afternoons.

Just incase you were curious, yes, it would be best to avoid catching this while receiving chemo!

-sch

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update Sch. Hopefully a turn around today. Best wishes, both🤞

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.