How are you doing?

Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Re: How are you doing?

Thanks Angel1,

That is lovely of you to say. If only we had more control over things!! It sucks, but I have to say that it is kind of good to have time and the presence of mind to be able to do things that are fun, make memories, laugh, and quitting work was pretty liberating too! Although I do love my job as a clinical dietitian, it is so nice to just focus on fun with friends and family, and eating whatever I please! Ha.

How are you going? Has your husband’s chemo started yet? I hope you have great support and it all goes smoothly. 

Big hug to you and your husband,

Sarah x

0 Kudos
Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for that kJ, and I hope you are going ok too? It is such a weird time hey. Those were very cool words you wrote to me- thank you, and yep time to get serious now with this battle!

Big hug to you x

Sarah11
Occasional Contributor

Well done Kate! Wish I had a modicum of your teacher skills... Mine are very similar ages and well, what a learning curve! 

I have used the Cancer Council helpline a few times and I have to say, it was absolutely faultless. So kind, patient, wise, and altogether beautiful. I have told my husband and parents about it, and am hopeful they will use it if they need to. Thank you for providing such a service! 

Hope all is going ok for you too,

Sarah x

0 Kudos
Angel1
Occasional Contributor

HI Sarah,
Sure does suck indeed. My husband Stephen did start Chemo therapy yes. Sadly though he only had two rounds of it and got terrible sick. Stephen then ended up in pallitive care for a few weeks and that was hard for him. Stephen is at home now, not able to continue with Chemo therapy as it wasn't working for him, we are blessed to spend time with him at home until he has to inevitably has to go back to pallitive care ward. Blessings to you and your friends and family.
sch
Super Contributor

Hi @Lindsay & @kj 

How's the planning for this camping trip going?

The weather is slowly warming up.

-s

kj
Super Contributor

Hi sch

We in metro Melbourne are not allowed to go further than 5 klms from home,looking forward to when we are allowed to go camping again ,camper is packed ready to go.Our plans usually depend on how my wife’s Parkinson’s is ,she’s a very determined lady who inspires me.

I am fine,Last month I reached the 10 year mark from Whipple Surgery.
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Keep a positive outlook, pray stay happy and eat healthy. Take care!

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi @sch,

How is your wife? I hope she has recovered well after her bout of Covid, & not suffering any long term side effects.

Budgie
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.